Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Kitchen

Today's Onus: the Kitchen.




The kitchen is a big hotspot for me. If it isn't clean, I won't cook. If I don't cook, I'm inclined to eat quick and easy food that can just be opened and consumed. That usually means junkfood.

I will Either clean the kitchen OR cook. .. especially these days when standing for any real length of time makes my knee hurt quite a lot.

My kitchen is filthy today. It was filthy yesterday and the day before.

Bethieee usually helps me by keeping the kitchen clean enough that I feel okay cooking in it. But lately she has been working odd hours and has been exhausted when she's home. So I haven't asked her to do the kitchen for me.

I have dirty dishes piled up on the counter. I have clean dishes in the dishwasher that need to be put away. I have a bunch of miscellaneous stuff all over my counter that really shouldn't be there. I'd have to clean my counters before I could use my blender.

Thinking about all of this makes me feel:
sad, overwhelmed, inadequate, dirty, slob, immature, hopeless, and tired.

Start time: 2:00pm
End time: 8:00pm
Music played: SmashMouth: Astro-Lounge, Fush Yu Mang

Most incongruous, out-of-place item(s): pruning shears. They've been there since last August.

Still needs to be done: sweep and mop the floor, put away clean dishes and keep up with new ones, clean up the stuff that got moved to the dining room table but not put away yet...




It took me a whole day. My knee is sore. I'm exhausted.
I feel numb, in shock, confused, sad, tired, like it won't last.

I feel like I need to reward myself, but I don't want to fall into the trap of using food or spending money. Furthermore, I'd like the reward(s) to directly reflect work that was put in. That means today's primary reward is kitchen related. I also needed a couple of quick-fix rewards along the way.


Rewards:


1. Mid-way through: Half an hour throwing ball for Z.

2. Big reward: cooking the gumbo I wanted to make for Mardi Gras.

3. second break: knit several rows (1/2 hour) for my SockapalOOOza pattern swatch.

4. little reward: making the "target" and "result" buttons for this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home