Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Office

Today I am feeling less completely miserable. I hope that means that I can actually accomplish something I'm proud of. My office has been bothering me. I have a pile of stuff around my compter desk that really should be dalt with. ... The weather is stormy today.. heavy rains and surges in the power lines. The dog doesn't like power surges or thunder, so he's hiding under my desk right now.





I took this picture yesterday, when it was sunny out... when I thought I might be able to do something productive. Before I realized that just thinking about being productive was too much for me to handle that day. My poor puppy hardly has any space!





Aw, look at that happy face!! :)

It turns out the Office was a good choice for today. I had a bunch of boxes that were half-sorted already, and that made it easy to make quick progress. When my knee got tired, I was able to do a bunch more work by sitting in my office chair and wheeling around the room (by then I'd cleared a decent pathway.) There are a lot more details that could be worked on, but I'm happy with the day's results. I can find my computer keyboard again. The things that didn't have a place in the office have been evicted. (Of course, this means that they've become clutter in a different room...) I tested all the ballpoint pens and threw away the ones that stuttered or didn't work.

Notable successes: I found a box I've been looking for since October--the one with the circular labels in it. I also found the gift certificates that Keithr has been looking for. They only came in this past December, but he's planning to use them to help buy an office refrigerator so he can take lunches from home. :)

Most horrifying cleaning fact for this room: I collected a basketball sized wad of dog-fur from all the corners underneath furniture and behind bags and boxes. I think I may need to open up my computer and check for dust-buffalo!

In addition, I got the soaking dishes washed and put away, made myself a decent omelette for breakfast, and a Jiffy blueberry muffin mix for dessert. Finished off the last of the gumbo, so will need to make another major meal soon. I'm thinking that the lemons need to be made into lemonade syrup at this point.. If I'd made the lemon meringue pie on Monday, then I would have had help eating it throughout the week, but since Bethieee's away for a couple of days (and Keithr doesn't like lemon), I would be stuck eating an entire lemon meringue pie by myself.. and what scares me most is that I'd probably do it. .. so lemonade sounds like a much safer bet. I can make a large batch of the syrup and then freeze what I don't think I'll use right away.

I also got one load of laundry run through and another soaking. (there was a permanent-marker incident last week. I don't really think soaking will help, but maybe it'll keep it from spreading.)

Compared to yesterday I feel: accomplished, relieved, hopeful, amazed, decent.

Today's music: Various and random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home