Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Progress Report: Laundry

I had so dearly hoped that I would be able to show a bright, clean corner utterly devoid of dirty laundry! (this hope despite the fact that each of us who lives in the house wears no fewer than 5 articles of clothing each every single day! .. that means on any given day there are going to be no fewer than 15 articles of clothing waiting to be washed. argh!!)

Instead, I show you this:


You'll notice two things:
1- the laundry is still winning, though I have made a dent.
2- the pillowcases full of last week's laundry are all gone. They're not buried in the bucket beneath the newer laundry, they've actually gone through the wash.



See? Here's two buckets of CLEAN laundry waiting to be folded and put away! (my knee still interferes with my ability to bring the buckets upstairs to do the folding. .. and my downstairs folding space is not currently available. It's going to be an excavation project all its own.)

The progress throughout the week:
Tue, Feb 28, 2006: 2 loads through wash and dry.
Wed, Mar 1 : 4 loads through wash and dry, 12 loads folded (includes loads that have been sitting in tubs downstairs because my knee will not let me haul the tubs upstairs yet.)
Thu, Mar 2 : 1 load
Fri, Mar 3 : 5 loads
Sat, Mar 4 : 2 loads
Sun, Mar 5 : none
Mon, Mar 6 : none - slept all day, felt miserable.
Tue, Mar 7 : 2 loads
Wed, Mar 8 : 1 load + 1 to soak + 10 loads folded
Thu, Mar 9 : 2 loads
Fri, Mar 10 : 3 loads

so 20 loads have gone through the wash and dry so far, and I've probably got another 6 loads that have piled up on me throughout the week. Maybe next week I'll be able to show you a clean open corner devoid of dirty laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home