Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sliding Block Puzzles

The second post that resonated deeply was written by 'Zann. The post I have in mind ..., comments upon how similar de-cluttering projects are to those cute little sliding-block puzzles I used to love as a kid.

.. except that they're three-dimensional, some of the blocks don't move when you need them to, and lots of the blocks are tremendously important to keep track of.

Wouldn't it be nice if I'd had a great insight on this topic, too? Sadly, I haven't. (yet.. there's always hope..)

What I can do is say I Feel Your Pain!! I feel the same exact way. Often.

Once upon a time I had a guest room. In theory I still do. For awhile my brother and his sweetie lived in it. So... WHY--with all the stuff that is cluttering up the room now (none of which was in that room when my brother was here)--WHY do I not have a compensatory open space somewhere else in the house???

I remember how open this house was before I started my BFA classes...

WHERE DID ALL MY SPACE GO???!!

I keep opening boxes, looking behind the furniture, hoping to find even a fraction of it! but so far not much luck.

True, when we moved in I didn't have the loom... or the four spinning wheels (two of them are Bethieee's, one is borrowed, the fourth is mine. :) ... Do they really take up THAT much space?!

Plus, when we moved in I didn't really knit yet.

Now THAT is a horrifying concept! When we moved in to this house I had absolutely no use for a stack of yarn. None. Today that's unthinkable.

(on the other hand, I'm not sure whether I'll ever get through the stacks of quilting fabric that I once thought I couldn't survive without...)

It seems that I've been filling the space(s)(and time) with new things, but I haven't been kicking any old things out. I'm beginning to suspect that's a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home